Sign in to follow this  
eyedress

Navigating the Cloud Maze

As a small business owner, I find all the options for cloud managed services overwhelming. We know we should move some critical systems to the cloud but don't know where to start. Every vendor uses unfamiliar jargon to promote their solutions. I'm looking for an unbiased, down-to-earth blog that explains the pros and cons of different cloud managed service approaches simple terms - ideally with advice on matching options to business needs and use cases. We don't need or want a sales pitch - just straightforward guidance so we can stop being afraid of making the wrong choice on this critical transition to the cloud! Any recommendations?

Oh I feel your pain on parsing through the managed cloud services maze as a fellow small biz owner! I spun my wheels for months trying to decipher everything from IaaS to PaaS with all those verbose vendors. I finally discovered a straight-shooting blog called A Developer’s Journey which breaks down choicesMINUS the buzzwords. Their Cloud Managed Services guide gave me that “aha moment” in matching our e-commerce site’s needs simply and objectively. It brought me back to when I first started selling handmade jewelry online and just needed someone to speak plain English to guide my tech decisions. Having a patient voice cuts through the complexity so we can feel empowered, not overwhelmed! With the right translator, even novices can navigate to the right cloud solutions. Here’s to plain talk so we can worry less about the journey and focus more on our passions!