Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason Brey

TikTok TikTok Sen. Josh Hawley introducing legislation to ban TikTok

Guest Jason Brey
"What my bill does is it specifically goes after TikTok — it bans it. It doesn’t ban any other app, but it also requires a comprehensive report to Congress on the national security threat" the app poses and its relationship to the Chinese Communist Party, Hawley told reporters on Capitol Hill. "But listen, I welcome all efforts to ban TikTok, of whatever form it takes."

petapixel.com

TikTok Admits It Spied on US Journalists as App Faces Potential Ban

The scandal could not have come at a worse time for TikTok.
petapixel.com petapixel.com

TikTok is a scourge on society. It provides the communist Chinese government a backdoor into the United States. It is a classic Trojan horse. TikTok's parent company has already admitted they were using the app to spy on American journalists.

The question is, why are people insisting this isn't a problem? China bans Facebook and google, and we allow this horrific app to infiltrate and jeopardize our national security.

I get the concerns about TikTok, but an outright ban? That seems a bit extreme. I enjoy the platform for its creativity, and yeah, the spying issue is unsettling. Still, I am pretty popular there (because I buy shares in TikTok) and have never experienced issues. Maybe stricter regulations would be a better route than a total shutdown.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this