Sign in to follow this  
AshaHavice

Is Backend Development Difficult with BaaS?

Hi All!

I am new to Android app development and working on a Kotlin project. I noticed this project is consuming most of my time, and it is challenging for me to complete it in the meantime. According to my colleagues, it is better to get help from a Backend as a Service provider to finish my project quickly. But, as a novice, I am not sure whether it will work or not. In this regard, I also found this link https://blog.back4app.com/how-to-build-a-backend-for-an-android-app/ very useful when it comes to building the backend of mobile applications. Still, I also want some clarification for my doubts regarding BaaS.

Yes, I also have some concerns about using BaaS. Likewise, I heard that developers have less control over applications when they use cloud computing solutions like BaaS, IaaS, or PaaS. Is it true? Secondly, what are your thoughts about limited customization with BaaS? Do BaaS vendors like Firebase are labeled with vendor lock-in?

In addition, I would like to know your thoughts on the use of BaaS for my long-term projects.

All in all, I want you guys to discuss both pros and cons of using BaaS.

back4app-android-app-cover.webp

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this