Sign in to follow this  
Asasn

Transition away from selling products on eBay

I was going to suggest the same thing-- no reason to make it an either/or proposition. If your web site isn't generating many sales yet, then give it some time. In my experience, brand new web sites often don't see very good search rankings, but things pick up after a while as other people start to link to your site (hopefully).

If your product has a unique name like USB Mega Fire Widget, then people searching for it will find their way to your site. But if you're selling generic semiconductors using the manufacturer's name for them, your site will have to be pretty awesome to rank high in Google search results.

If after 6-12 months, you're still seeing far more sales from eBay than from your web site, then I'd conclude the 13% you're paying eBay is a fair cost for the extra sales it brings in.

Hi all! Both buyers and sellers are protected on the eBay online platform, and therefore, for one and the other, this is a great place to make transactions. For any issue that the seller and buyer cannot resolve between themselves, they can contact eBay customer service so that the company decides who is wrong and protects the interests of who was right. This scheme is very effective for the company, as it allows you to increase the number of customers and increase sales on the site.